“MBED – A platform for rapid prototyping
- With the falling costs and increasing complexities of processors, microcontrollers are becoming cheaper, more powerful and interactive.
- They are now truly solutions looking for problems, where anyone could conceive a microcontroller application.
- The problem until now has been turning the idea into a prototype quickly and experimenting with the technology.
- ARM has changed this with MBED, a rapid prototyping platform designed to simplify getting started with microcontrollers.
- Using a web based compiler and a very simple drag-and-drop interface, applications are developed without the need for expensive tools, and a new user can write and execute a “hello world” program in about sixty seconds.